Hi Mom, just checking in! Been MIA for more than a month’s time having the time of my life in Europe (specifically several cities in Italy, Paris & Berlin). I was travelling alone most of the trip but got to meet so many new friends from all over the world!
I probably could have updated the blog any time during the trip with free WIFI at the number of hostels I’ve stayed at but I was doing so much stuff and getting so tired at the end of each day that I even had to backdate on my own travel diary which I actually wrote my thoughts and whatever that happened on a real, physical notebook, with pen!
- iPhone is not a laptop/notebook replacement.
- Backup all your photos every chance you’ve got. (I lost all my Italy photos) 🙁
- Beer in Rome for €0.99.
- Mona Lisa was meh.
- McDonald’s in Berlin serve their drinks without ice.
- Europe not as dangerous as everyone tells you.
- Travelling alone is awesome.
- Travelling alone sucks.
- Missed out on all the interesting/funny/scandalous Internet news/stuff/memes the entire period, but I was okay with all that!
- Ridiculous how much a tourist is willing to pay for Internet when one is desperate enough.
- Position of the @ character on the keyboard is different everywhere.
More observations as I recall them. Normal (blog) programming should resume shortly, after I’m done with my post-travel assignment!2011-07-30