180g fine sugar
200ml evaporated milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g all-purpose flour
70g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter has melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mixed. (Batter should be runny).
4. Heat up the steamer.
5. Lined and grease a 9-inch baking pan
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place into the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
7. Steam over medium heat for 45 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done. If not, steam for a further 5 minutes.
8. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.
Well I know it doesn’t look fantastic but being the very first cake I baked with YY, it tastes exactly like the ones they serve at Secret Recipe, if not better!
Take my word for it!2010-05-10