During my brief hiatus, the gorgeous and intelligent Claris posted up a tiramisu recipe.
# 6 egg yolks
# 500 g mascarpone cheese
# 60g caster sugar
# 1 tsp vanilla essence
# 1 cup espresso coffee
# 4 tsp brandy
# 4 tsp Tia Maria/Kahlua(coffee liqueur)
# 15 pcs of sponge fingers (can get from cold storage-boudoir biscuit)
# Espresso & cocoa powder for decoration
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar evenly
- Set the mixture over a bowl of hot water and continue beating until it leaves a ribbon trail
- Take it out of the hot water and continue beating until mixture is pale and thick.
- In another bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese and vanilla essence evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture in and fold until even.
- Pour the espresso and brandy in a dish and soak the sponge fingers.
- Layer the sponge fingers in cake box followed by a layer of mascarpone mixture.
- Continue layering until cake box is full.
- Refrigerate cake for 6 hours.
- Decorate with espresso powder and cocoa powder before serving.
Or you can just get your tiramisu from these guys.2006-05-28