Being such an old bird at such charity collections since I have done them lots of time, I shall consolidate a Dos and Don’t list.
- wear slippers instead of shoes as you do not want your feet and socks to be soaking wet the whole day if it rains
- Wear gloves if you have delicate hands as your knuckles might hurt from knocking on too many doors.
- put on a smile the whole day even if the household has nothing for you to collect.
- make the same mistake of wear a light coloured teeshirt as me. In the end, my bra ( although not black) was in full view due to the wet weather.
- bring any bag. A pouch which is strapped to your body will ensure that you have a lighter load to carry about.
- bring water bottles. (refer to earlier point) You can always buy drinks or some households will give you drinks. Some singaporeans are indeed nice.
Follow my instructions and you will have a relatively easy collection.2006-01-23